November 22, 2014
Transfers in Reedsport!
Hello Dear Family And Friends!
How have things been for you this incredible last week? Things have been going well and boy I sure am going to miss my companion. Elder Lambson is the first companion I've had that I've only been with for 6 weeks. He and I grew to be close friends and I will miss him dearly. He is headed to White City and I am going to be staying in Reedsport with my former MTC companion Elder Smith! :) This will certainly be an exciting time for both of us being able to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas together. :)
Well this is how this incredible week went! First of all, we surpassed our goal of having members present for lessons and we reached our goal of finding new people to teach and having lessons with them! It was a great week to end the transfer on. :)
This week week we were able to contact two referrals from members of people who would be willing to learn more about Jesus Christ and His Gospel. We contacted both of them and they are extremely open to learning more and having us over to share what we know. One is very interested in having his wife learn with him, and she speaks mainly Japanese, so we have placed an order for a Japanese Book of Mormon and we hope it gets here soon! He said that he doesn't do anything without his wife and that he wanted to learn this with her together. :)
Also! We had a crazy experience, it was kind of dark when we were driving and we were pulling up into the church parking lot when all of a sudden I see this dog run out towards the car! I tell Elder Lambson, "Dog! Dog!! Dog!!!" He was able to maneuver around the dog and into a parking spot, and we saw this woman in over by the grass field and she appeared to be in distress and so we went to talk with her. We got to visiting and eventually we brought up the topic of religion and she had some really good questions! We talked about temples and families and The Book of Mormon! We were coming to the church to help setup for a Relief Society Enrichment activity and so we and our Relief Society President invited her to come and join us! She ran home to drop off her dog and she came back! It was awesome and our Relief Society President was an amazing friend to her answering a lot of her questions and we were able to give her a brief church tour! It was certainly an eventful night.
Friday we had a productive exchange with the Elders from Florence. I stayed down in Reedsport with Elder Jespersen and we had a fairly productive day. We had a member present lesson that evening and the lady that we are visiting has really good questions and it feels like she accepts the church, and wants to know how to be a good mormon by following all the commandments, but we need to help her gain a testimony of why wee follow the commandments and what drives us to be good people. We also had a lesson with a family that had recently been baptized and we were talking about Temples in hope that they could go on this coming Ward Temple Trip.
Saturday was a sad day as Elder Lambson and I soon realized that we were no longer staying together for another transfer. :( We will forever be dear friends and I am extremely excited for him to be in a new area with a new companion. I hope to keep in contact with him. He packed as quickly as we could and we also were able to have dinner with our Bishop and his grandson. We had a little lesson after dinner talking about prayer and the importance of prayer and how to recognize answers. We asked him if he had been praying about baptism and how he felt about it, and he said every time he prays and thinks about it, he gets a really good feeling. So we invited him! “Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?" And he said yes!! :) We attempted to set a date and both the grandparents and we felt best that due to their exchanging with him every few weeks that we can set January as a goal month. It was awesome!
Well, Elder Lambson was able to say goodbye to those close to him and we were up by 4:30 in the morning headed to Florence to have him and another missionary drive Eugene, so I've been with Elder Jespersen in Florence for today waiting for my companion. :) Wish us well and pray for us, I hope to be a continuing example of service and kindness to my companion. :)
Well I hope you have an incredible week!
Love,
Elder Harper
How have things been for you this incredible last week? Things have been going well and boy I sure am going to miss my companion. Elder Lambson is the first companion I've had that I've only been with for 6 weeks. He and I grew to be close friends and I will miss him dearly. He is headed to White City and I am going to be staying in Reedsport with my former MTC companion Elder Smith! :) This will certainly be an exciting time for both of us being able to spend Thanksgiving and Christmas together. :)
Well this is how this incredible week went! First of all, we surpassed our goal of having members present for lessons and we reached our goal of finding new people to teach and having lessons with them! It was a great week to end the transfer on. :)
This week week we were able to contact two referrals from members of people who would be willing to learn more about Jesus Christ and His Gospel. We contacted both of them and they are extremely open to learning more and having us over to share what we know. One is very interested in having his wife learn with him, and she speaks mainly Japanese, so we have placed an order for a Japanese Book of Mormon and we hope it gets here soon! He said that he doesn't do anything without his wife and that he wanted to learn this with her together. :)
Also! We had a crazy experience, it was kind of dark when we were driving and we were pulling up into the church parking lot when all of a sudden I see this dog run out towards the car! I tell Elder Lambson, "Dog! Dog!! Dog!!!" He was able to maneuver around the dog and into a parking spot, and we saw this woman in over by the grass field and she appeared to be in distress and so we went to talk with her. We got to visiting and eventually we brought up the topic of religion and she had some really good questions! We talked about temples and families and The Book of Mormon! We were coming to the church to help setup for a Relief Society Enrichment activity and so we and our Relief Society President invited her to come and join us! She ran home to drop off her dog and she came back! It was awesome and our Relief Society President was an amazing friend to her answering a lot of her questions and we were able to give her a brief church tour! It was certainly an eventful night.
Friday we had a productive exchange with the Elders from Florence. I stayed down in Reedsport with Elder Jespersen and we had a fairly productive day. We had a member present lesson that evening and the lady that we are visiting has really good questions and it feels like she accepts the church, and wants to know how to be a good mormon by following all the commandments, but we need to help her gain a testimony of why wee follow the commandments and what drives us to be good people. We also had a lesson with a family that had recently been baptized and we were talking about Temples in hope that they could go on this coming Ward Temple Trip.
Saturday was a sad day as Elder Lambson and I soon realized that we were no longer staying together for another transfer. :( We will forever be dear friends and I am extremely excited for him to be in a new area with a new companion. I hope to keep in contact with him. He packed as quickly as we could and we also were able to have dinner with our Bishop and his grandson. We had a little lesson after dinner talking about prayer and the importance of prayer and how to recognize answers. We asked him if he had been praying about baptism and how he felt about it, and he said every time he prays and thinks about it, he gets a really good feeling. So we invited him! “Will you follow the example of Jesus Christ by being baptized by someone holding the priesthood authority of God?" And he said yes!! :) We attempted to set a date and both the grandparents and we felt best that due to their exchanging with him every few weeks that we can set January as a goal month. It was awesome!
Well, Elder Lambson was able to say goodbye to those close to him and we were up by 4:30 in the morning headed to Florence to have him and another missionary drive Eugene, so I've been with Elder Jespersen in Florence for today waiting for my companion. :) Wish us well and pray for us, I hope to be a continuing example of service and kindness to my companion. :)
Well I hope you have an incredible week!
Love,
Elder Harper