March 3, 2014

Specialized Training from Elder Don Clark of the Seventy :)

Hello Dear Family and Friends! Thank you for your kindness, love, and support.

Overall it was a busy week with meetings and such, but it was still a great week in the OEM. :) I also updated pictures from last week, I really didn't have any time to take pictures this week, that's how busy I've been. :D

Feb 26:
This are doing so great here in the mission, with our new mobile devices we've been entering in all the information in our Area Book and it's organizing how we do things in the mission. It takes a little longer to plan each day since we are still learning on how to be productive with them, but we are improving. :) We meet with an investigator who we have taught a majority of the gospel to him, but he's still at a point where he needs to pray and find out for himself if it is true and if it's something he want's in his life. All of us have to take that step of faith which leads to action, and in turn leads to an increased faith. It's all in the first step. :)

Feb 27:
Today we did a majority of our service hours helping an investigator clean out their garage while discussing points of doctrine and the structure of authority in the church. It's really interesting how important all of the things you learn in Primary, Sunday School, Gospel Principles, Seminary, Institute, and applying it can be so easy if you know the basics. Every person we teach we share the basics of the gospel. If you have a firm foundation built around Faith, The Book of Mormon, Jesus Christ, you can share with others what you believe without fear or hesitancy. :) I also learned today, I can't really bike up large hills. Not yet anyways. But going down large hills, :D Is a lot of fun.

Feb 28:
Today we had a great opportunity to have a Specialised Training from Elder Don Clark of the Seventy. And only the Eugene, Santa Clara, and Springfield areas were able to attend. We were addressed by our Mission President and his Wife, and then Elder Clark used the majority of the time to explain how we as missionaries can be a Preach My Gospel Missionary if we effectively use Preach my Gospel specifically Chapter 8 which talks about Using Time Wisely. All throughout the training we were asked how we are doing in regards to our diligence, obedience, and our purpose as a missionary in inviting everyone to come unto Christ. It was simply amazing because he was calling us to repentance, but in a way that made me want to change for the better. I feel like that is something that I was hesitant about when coming on my mission. Letting the mission pass through me and changing for the better. It will be interesting to compare myself from what I was to what I will be. :) (Let's hope it's for the better!)

Mar 1:
March 1st?!?! Where does the time go? I seriously felt like I just got here. This is crazy. Time for a missionary seems to be going full throttle. Any who, we are continuing to enter information in our Area Book. We only have two weeks to get it done so we are using any spare personal time we have to get it done. But as we enter this information we find a lot of former investigators and we are contacting them in hopes of rekindling that relationship between them and the missionaries. :) Also, whenever we do anything as a companionship, I feel it is super important to always start with a prayer and close with a prayer because it invites the Holy Ghost to be your third companion and helps you to teach in a way that the Holy Ghost can testify with you. I have a reaffirmation of the power of prayer and what it can do for you every day. :)

Mar 2:
Sundays are the greatest! :D We had two investigators come to church today! :D I was so happy! One came for his first time and the other came for his 3rd or 4th time, but this was the first that he was by himself. It was so amazing. The Testimonies that were shared were so heartfelt and touching. The lessons taught in each class were great, and I truly feel that they gained a greater understanding about the Church and what we focus our lives on, which is our Savior Jesus Christ. :) It was great. :)

Well, That's all for this week. This coming week is I guess what is referred to as a "Survival Week" Where we really don't need to shop because 1. We have food in the fridge, 2. Members have signed up to feed us dinner, 3. Transfers are this next week, so I'm not even sure if I'll be staying in my current area. But we will see! I will let everyone know soon what happens! :)

Thank you for keeping in contact with me! I've been receiving all your letters and notes in the mail! Thank you again so much! Remember that I love you all and pray for you every day! You all are amazing. The Gospel is true! :) Jesus Christ lives and loves you personally. Talk to you all soon!

All the best,

Elder Harper